Between 1 May-31 October 2013 will take place the selection of volunteers for "Youth Innitiatives for Rural Development"project.
Youth Innitiatives for Rural Development
Till 30 October 2013 will take place the selection of volunteers for”YouthInnitiatives for Rural Development” project.
The profile of volunteer:
- young people aged 18-30
- equal number of boys and girls-6 girls and 6 boys
- young people with fewer opportunities
young people who want to work voluntary in rural and Roma communities to develop these communities and promote communitarians actions
The selection will take part in 2 steps:
- An eskype interview will be between 1-30 October 2013.
The final results of the selection will be published on the webpage of the partners around of 1 November 2013.
The "YIRD" project is an EVS group project which involves 12 volunteers (6 girls and 6 boys) coming from Europe and South America . The voluntary stage will be held in the period March 1st 2014 – March 1st 2015 in Romania, South – OuestOltenia region, especially in rural areas inhabited by rromas from Valcea county.
The project theme is the active involvement of youth in rural development of rroma communities from Valceacounty.
The project objectives are:
- To promote the active citizenship within 12 volunteers with fewer opportunities from rroma rural communities.
- To develop sense of solidarity and tolerance between young people coming from different environments and cultures.
- To identify and adapt new non formal education methods used in the work with young people with fewer opportunities from Rroma and rural communities
- To improve the quality of supporting youth activities specific to rural and Rroma communities
- To form a network of organizations active in the domain of voluntary which will link 3 continents: Europe – South America and Africa.
The countries involved in this project are: Romania, Portugal,Turkey,Poland,Brazil, Argentina and Zambia.
The main activities implemented within the project will be:
- specific activities of spending the free time, outdoor activities, sport games and ecological education activities for young people from the rural and Rroma communities ( workshops of: painting, music, photo, video, foreign languages, IT )
- organizing a festival of rural and Rroma communities
- organizing workshops in the schools from rural communities on the development of creative competencies among students
- organizing a rural youth camp, camp which will use innovative concepts developed during the implementation of EVS stage
Within the activities will be used non formal methods as: forum theatre, photovoice, flashmob, structured dialogue, energizers, role pays, street animation, open space etc.