ACTIVE PARTICIPATION FOR RURAL DEVELOPMENT
1 June 2013-31 December 2013
“Active participation for rural development” is an EVS project, whose main theme is to promote durable rural development, with the help of young people’s voluntary participation in the rural Rroma communities.
Project’s objectives :
- To promote active citizenship among 4 volunteers who will be directly involved in volunteering activities meant to promote rural development.
- To promote multicultural and multilingual skills by involving 4 volunteers coming from different backgrounds and cultures in the project activities.
- To develop entrepreneurship skills among the volunteers and young Rroma people from rural communities.
- To exchange good practices for rural development by means of European collaboration.
The voluntary service will extend on a 7-month period. It will begin on the 1st of June 2013 and will end on the 31st of December 2013. The partner countries involved in the project are: Romania, Georgia, Turkey and Portugal.
The four volunteers participating in the EVS project will perform the following activities.
- - Social programmes for rural development.
- - Holiday workshops for the Rroma children in rural areas.
- - Organising seminars and debates on European construction and fighting poverty and marginalisation.
- - Outdoor and sport activities for the young people in rural communities.
These activities will be implemented by using a series of non-formal education methods such as publiccafé, photo-voice, living library, street animation, debates, workshops, role play, forum theater, flash-mob.