The proposed project "Green patrols" will approach 2 important themes: “Minorities” and “Urban/Rural Development". Through participation to the European Voluntary Service, we want to offer an opportunity to young people from Europe and rest of the word, to participate in common voluntary actions that will help them develop intercultural competences, cultural knowledge and to learn work in a new intercultural friendly environment.
This project propose an EVS stage of 12 months, between 01/11/2012-01/11/2013, which will involve 8 volunteers (4 boys and 4 girls) from Portugal, Turkey and Argentina. The activities of EVS stage will be held in rural areas around Rm Valcea city- Romania.
The main activities of the project are:
- to promote volunteering and inclusion as a most significant value working with youth with fewer opportunities - excluded youth from urban industrial zones.
- to increase awareness of the value and importance of volunteering as a form of active engagement and as a tool to develop and improve competencies for personal, social and professional development.
- to encourage excluded young people with fewer opportunities – youth from urban industrial zones and from rural areas to play an active role in their communities.
- to contribute participants development of creative capabilities and skills in youth work using learning and creative methods.
- to get acquainted with the YiA program and develop future projects that will raise quality of volunteer management in our organizations.
The main activities implemented by this project will contribute to develop the rural areas from Valcea county and to involve Rroma community in the civic life of the local communities. These activities will be implemented using a range of non formal education methods as: workshops, debates, forum theatre, street animation, structured dialogue, word cafe, photovoice, film voice.