"Discovering the local traditions through storytelling" project aims to promote the intercultural learning among the young people through rediscovering the traditions.
The specific objectives of the project are:
- Participation of four volunteers to an EVS stage, which will prioritize the non-formal education.
-Promotion intercultural dialogue through non-formal education methods putting the accent on storytelling method.
- Strengthening of the partnership cooperation between youth organizations interested in promoting non-formal education among young people with fewer opportunities.
- Increasing solidarity among the young participants in the project.
- Promotion social inclusion through the participation of four unemployed young people in project activities and by organizing youth activities for young people unemployed.
The project proposes an innovative voluntary stage for a total of 4 young people with fewer opportunities, young people aged 18 to 30 years, coming from disadvantage economic communities from Italy, Spain, Portugal and Turkey.
The main activities which will be implemented within the project will be:
- Promoting traditional crafts, folk traditions within Bujoreni Village Museum, using a series of non-formal education methods, especially the method of "storytelling".
- Initiating media campaigns using methods of non-formal education, campaigns that will promote the folk traditions.
- Initiating a media campaign to increase the number of blood donors.
- Organize workshops in rural schools to promote folk traditions.
- Organizing seminars, debates, meetings with stakeholders, where besides promoting folk traditions as a form of learning, it will be promoted Erasmus +.